職場英語:交流反饋
Zina: We’re going to blow WebTracker out of the water. Trust me.
吉娜: 我們會讓“網路搜尋家”出局的。相信我。
Mary: I believe you, Zina.
瑪莉: 我相信你,吉娜。
Zina: Mary, can I ask you something? What color are your post-it notes?
吉娜: 瑪莉,我能問你個問題嗎?你的便利貼是什么顏色?
Mary: My post-it notes? Pink, I think. Why?
瑪莉: 我的.便利貼?我想是粉紅的吧,怎么?
Zina: Are you sure they aren’t green? It’s OK if they are. Just be 1) honest.
吉娜: 你確定不是綠色?是也無妨。老實說就好。
Mary: I’m pretty sure they’re pink. Did I do something wrong?
瑪莉: 我很確定是粉紅色的。我做錯了什么嗎?
Zina: No. Pink is OK. Stick with pink.
吉娜: 沒有。粉紅很好。不要換。
語言詳解
A: Why is he so upset?
他怎么那么難過?
B: I told him he’s getting fat. I was just being honest.
我跟他說他變胖了。我只是說實話而已。
【blow...out of the water 擊潰……】
blow...out of the water是指“把……打得落花流水”,意即讓對方潰不成軍:
A: How was the basketball game last night?
昨晚的籃球賽如何?
B: The Lakers blew the Pistons out of the water.
湖人隊把活塞隊打得潰不成軍。
【stick with... 堅持……】
stick with something 是指“堅持(某事)”,也就是不輕言放棄,不輕易更換:
A: What’s the best way to learn English?
學英文最好的方法是什么?
B: Stick with the basics until you know them really well.
堅守住基本原理,直到你了然于心。
1) honest (a.) 誠實的
【職場英語:交流反饋】相關文章:
職場英語日常交流口語08-20
職場交流心理學10-29
英語日常交流口語08-18
酒店行業英語交流基礎09-12
商務談判交流英語12-11
職場英語作用08-20
通用職場英語08-20
職場英語對話08-20
職場禮儀英語01-09
職場英語:offer06-24