商務英語的活學活用
Michael: My computer is really going crazy today.
邁克爾:今天我的電腦真的要發瘋了。
Billy: Have you tried re-booting it?
比利:你試過re-booting (重啟動)了嗎?
Michael: I think the Big Kahoona would be really angry if she saw me kicking my PC.
邁克爾:我覺得如果讓頭兒看見我踢我的電腦,她會很生氣的。
Billy: I don't mean that you should kick you computer! Have you tried to restart it?
比利:我不是說你應該踢你的'計算機!你試過重啟動了嗎?
Michael: Do you think that would help?
邁克爾:你覺得那有用嗎?
Billy: Maybe. What error message are you getting?
比利:可能。你得到什么樣的錯誤信息?
Michael: It says that I have too much email.
邁克爾:它說我的電子郵件太多了。
Billy: How many emails do you have in your inbox?
比利:你的收信箱里有多少封電子郵件?
Michael: About 10,000!
邁克爾:大約一萬封!
Billy: Leave your computer alone for a while and I will tell you how to manage your email more efficiently.
比利:先不要去管你的計算機,我要告訴你怎么更有效地管理你的電子郵件。
Notes:
1) Re-booting: a technical term meaning to turn your PC off and then on
重啟動:把個人電腦關了,然后再開的技術術語
Sometimes re-booting can fix a computer problem, but it is probably better to call the IT staff first.
有時候重啟動可以解決一個計算機問題,不過也許最好先叫IT人員。
2) Big Kahoona: your boss, an important person
頭兒:你的老板,上司,一個重要的人
The Big Kahoona asked me to work this weekend to get an important report finished.
這個周末頭兒要我工作,完成一份重要的報告。
3) Prioritize: to arrange things in order of importance prioritize
把......區分優先次序:按事物的重要性進行排序
Professional staff should develop systems to prioritize their work efficiently.
專業人員應該開發系統來有效地將他們的工作按照優先次序進行排序。
【商務英語的活學活用】相關文章:
活學活用的職場充電法09-08
8招活學活用的職場充電法09-01
職場充電八招活學活用方法09-28
創業掙錢的八個活學活用技巧08-05
商務英語的特點09-22
商務英語的新詞12-17
商務英語的翻譯原則08-22
商務英語的翻譯方法08-22
商務英語的培訓心得10-18
商務英語談判的技巧09-21